Google
 

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Government vs. Rebels

I was in the office this afternoon, When a friend of mine sent me a message informing me that there's a mutiny happening in Manila Peninsula, Makati City, Philippines this afternoon. First, I thought that it was only a joke, but when I transferred to other department and was able to watch a news, I found out that it was true! There was another mutiny occuring which was led by Senator Trillanes (who's detained for a mutiny once) again.

May I say fortunately it was not successful. What I want for my country is peace and unity. I remember when I was in my senior year in high school, People's Power happened (ousted Ferdinand Marcos, the former president). Now that we're about to celebrate our batch reunion after 20 years, a coup d'etat almost occured? What is this, a COINCIDENCE???

Tonight, there will be a curfew for all civilians from 12 midnight to 5 am. Officials are hoping that it would last only for a night. I'm sure all of my batchmates are hoping and praying that too, for our reunion is only 2 nights from now. I just can't imagine that we all have to leave the party and be home before 12 midnight or stay together till 5 am. I prefer the second option for I missed my classmates so much.

I just hope this predicament will be over overnight or as soon as possible. Please let us pray for peace on earth!!! Especially, to places where it is needed most.

0 comments :