Google
 

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Cinnamon for Type 2 Diabetes

I received an e-mail informing me that Cinnamon is beneficial to type 2 diabetes. I was very surprised to know this fact! Really I am. The main reason is… I hate cinnamon!

It says that cinnamon has previously been indicated as a potential insulin substitute for those with type 2 diabetes. It has also been determined that this inexpensive spice increases glucose metabolism 20-fold.

It also says that ½ teaspoon of cinnamon lowers the LDL cholesterol, it has the ability to stop medication-resistant yeast infections, reduced the proliferation of leukemia and lymphoma cancer cells, and It has an anti-clotting effect on the blood. With tablespoon of honey every morning, it has significant relief in arthritis pain after one week and could walk without pain within one month, and one study found that smelling cinnamon boosts cognitive function and memory.

Well, what can you say about these facts? For me I think I’ll love cinnamon from now on.

0 comments :