Google
 

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Upo or Bottle Gourd

I’ve been in fieldwork since last week (visiting different public schools in the Province of Rizal, Philippines) for the Annual Physical Inventory Checking. It is kinda tiring (maybe because it is so hot) but fun. I am able to meet almost all of the respective public school heads, district supervisors and some of the teachers of different schools. Actually, this is not the first time I’ve been in the team but every year is exciting. You will feel the hospitality of the people in each school we visited which is the best trait of the Filipinos.

I want to share you a picture of an upo or what you called bottle gourd . This was given by Sampaloc Elementary School in Tanay, Rizal which is headed by Dr. Julito Berdan. I had the feeling of regret when I didn’t able to bring my camera when I visited the school for me to be able to show you how bountiful their vegetable garden is. I’ve never seen upo this big before (actually it is not the biggest and longest there though it is 40 inches long, almost the height of Sean).

I remember on the way home, it put smiles on whoever saw it. Have you seen upo this long?

0 comments :