Google
 

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Concert Queen of the Philippines


Pops Fernandez (Cielito Lucban Fernandez), the Concert Queen of the Philippines has been my idol since I was in High School. I remember sleeping late only to finish her late night show, The Penthouse Live with her ex-hubby, Martin Nievera. I also remember asking my aunt to watch her concert with me in Araneta Coliseum, Folk Arts Theatre and ULTRA (thanks Tita Glo), saving money from my allowance just to have something to buy for the tickets to see her movies, bought magazines where she was featured, visited Gift Gate because of Pobee, her character in Gift Gate. Those were the good old days which are nice to reminisce. :-)

Now after 24 years, I had the chance to take pic with her. Actually this is my 2nd one but lost the 1st one (can't find it grrrr....). This was taken last March 7, 2008 at Sta. Lucia East Grandmall in Cainta, Rizal Philippines during the celebration of the "Realtors" from winning the Championship in basketball. How about you, what is your memorable moment about your celebrity idol?


2 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Pops is so thin these days. Nice pic by the way :D I like your site's new theme too!

  2. marjonelle said...

    thanks to you :-) muaaaahhhhh