Google
 

Monday, March 3, 2008

Life in the Province


Once again I had the chance to visit my folks' province, Gapan Nueva Ecija, Philippines when we've been invited to my uncle's "70th" bday celebration. I've visited the place once in a while since I was a kid. Sometimes spending overnight, so I witnessed how simple their life is. I remember, we had to tucked up in bed as early as 7 pm (can u imagine that?). It is really far from where I grew up, in Marikina city.

The venue of the party was great, at the middle of ricefield! It is surrounded by different plants and animals too. At one side you'll see the ricefield, then at the other side the mango plantation with lots of roosters too, another side is the fish pen, and the back of the house is the poultry and the piggery. Different varieties of vegetables can be seen too.

Here in Manila, when you need vegetables and stuff, you have to buy it. In the province, you just have to pick it up from the backyard. :-) Living in the province is really different. But however comfortable and simple to live there, I won't regret getting old in the city. But if you want to wind up or to relax... get out of the city!


0 comments :